The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has invited online applications in the prescribed format to the vacant posts of medical officer. This recruitment process will start from 26 February. Under this, selected candidates will be recruited in Odisha Medical and Health Services cadre under Department of Health and Family Welfare. We will tell you more information about this job like- eligibility, details of posts, last date of application, etc. in this article.
OPSC Medical Officer (Assistant Surgeon) in Group A (Junior Branch) 2021
- Post: Medical Officer (Assistant Surgeon) in Group A (Junior Branch)
- Total Posts: 2452
- General category – 633 posts
- Socially and Educationally Backward Class – 124 posts
- Scheduled Caste – 653 posts
- Scheduled Tribe – 1042 posts
Candidates must not be above the age of 32 (Thirty two) years as on 1st day of January 2021 i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1989 and not later than 1st January, 2000
The upper age limit prescribed above shall be relaxable by 5 (five) years for candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Castes (S.C.), Scheduled Tribes (S.T.), Socially & Educationally Backward Classes (S.E.B.C.), Women, Ex Servicemen and by 10 (Ten) years for Persons with Disabilities whose permanent disability is forty percent (40%) and more.
Persons with Disabilities belonging to SC/ ST/ SEBC categories are eligible for age relaxation benefit of 15 years.
- Candidate must have possessed M.B.B.S. or equivalent Degree from a Medical College or Medical Institution recognised by the Medical Council of India
- Candidate must have possessed a valid registration certificate under the Odisha Medical Registration Act, 1961(O.A. 18 of 1961): provided that, if a candidate outside the State of Odisha has not registered his name under the Odisha Council of Medical Registration established under Section 3 of the Odisha Medical Registration Act, 1961, he shall get himself registered as per the provisions of the said Act before issue of the appointment order.
- Candidate must have possessed required conversion certificates recognised by Medical Council of India (MCI) in case of candidate having Degrees from Universities of Foreign Countries.
A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of ₹500 only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe of Odisha and Persons with Disability (whose permanent disability is 40% and more) are exempted from payment of this fee.
METHOD OF SELECTION
- The selection of candidates for recruitment to the posts of Medical Officers (Assistant Surgeon) will be made as per the guidelines as enumerated in the OM&HS Rules, 2017 and OM&HS Amendment Rules, 2020 i.e., on the basis of Written Test & Career Marking B. Weightage of 30% will be given to Career Marking and 70% to Written Test.
- The Commission shall prepare the list of candidates in order of merit on the basis of Career Marking & Written Test which shall be equal to the no. of advertised vacancies:
Provided that, if two or more candidates secure equal marks then the candidate securing higher marks in the MBBS examination shall find place above the others in the merit list:
Provided further that, in case marks obtained in MBBS examination is also the same, the candidate older in age shall be placed above the younger.
PLACE OF EXAMINATION
The written examination will be held at Cuttack / Bhubaneswar.